A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 20 October 2014

MESSY MONDAY - Anna Allan; Colour it, Ink it, Stamp it!




Hi there!
Anna here for my FIRST blog post as a new DT member here at A Piece of Cake Designs.
I can't express how thrilled I am to be here!

Today I am sharing my first layout I have created using the awesome Cupcake Kit.
And can I just say - I am always impressed at how everything in the APOCD kits just co-ordinate so well. Raquel has such a keen eye for detail and certainly knows how to put a yummy, user-friendly, no fuss kit together. Just open the box and go for it -- the work is done for you, everything matches and just fits together perfectly. LOVE THAT!



So, as the heading of this post suggests, I have gotten a tad messy with this page with a water-coloured, stamped background as a base for my layout.


For the pink water-colour background, I have used the plastic bag method. Firstly, I applied a layer of gesso down the middle of my page. Once dry, I lightly spray the area with water then paint a zip-loc bag with water colour (pink in this instance) and lay it paint side down onto the damp gesso area of the page. I absolutely adore this method - it's my go to technique when wanting to create water colour effect backgrounds.
When this part dries, I have used the stamp and chalk ink from the kit and randomly stamped it over the page. I have also done it with a grey ink as well. It was then just a matter of layering papers and the washi tape and doilies to create the photo mat.


I loved the speech bubble paper and to bring more attention to them I actually used a blade to cut around half of some of them which then overlapped onto my photo where I added some text documenting the exclamations of my besotted child with the bunny ;-)



For the title, I wanted to create a bit more depth to the words so adhered the required alphas from the kit to one of the patterned papers and cut around them so they each had a border. I love how it turned out!

Thanks for dropping by!
A Happy Monday to you all.

Anna :-)




2 comments:

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative