A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 29 July 2013

Guest Designer Share - Kim Price 'Boogie Board' - July Main Cake Kit



Guest Designer Share with Kim Price using the July Main Cake Kit. 


You can still find some of our July Main Cake kits in our store here

******************

Today we are here with an update from our July Guest Designer Kim Price. Here is her first stunning layout with the July Main Cake kit and what she had to say about her layout: 


I was so excited to receive my A Piece Of Cake Designs kit in the mail just a few days ago and couldn’t wait to begin. It’s such a versatile kit where you could go completely feminine or fun and ultra modern with your creations.
 
For my first layout I’ve used lots of bits and pieces starting with the Studio Calico printed vellum paper which I distressed by adding some tiny tears and curled the edges and then added layers from the papers in the kit. I love to include things such as the sample strip from the bottom of the papers, barcodes and collection titles in my layers, in fact anything goes! All these little things add so much personality and interest to a page.
 


I’m also a big fan of torn washi tape, and I was so thrilled to find a roll in the kit – instant distress! Adding your photograph and layering one of the wooden polaroid frames on top gives lots of dimension to your layout as well as creating focus. The giant sequins and paper flower really finish the look of the whole page adding a feminine touch and lastly I tore the strip of white cardstock from the bottom of the page adding black cardstock for a blast of contrast. This was an afterthought (shhhh, dont tell anyone!) but it works really well and gives so much balance.
 
Thanks for dropping in, I hope you find some inspiration from my creation!

2 comments:

  1. Love this page KIm. The torn cardstock at the bottom ... genius!! Love all the layers and you've inspired me to start using all those sample strips and barcodes, etc. Would never have thought they'd look so good. Fabulous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret - so glad you found some inspiration and thank you for your lovely comment here and on my blog :)

      Delete

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative