A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Saturday 6 July 2013

Guest Designer Share - Chantal Vandenberg


The lovely Chantal Vandenberg 


Chantal worked with our June Main Cake kit which is now sold out in our store. Here is what she had to say about her first layout. 


My first layout that I have created is called "At a Rate of Knots!" and I had such a lovely time using the gorgeous mix of patterned papers from the Cake Mix!



I primarily used the reverse side of Fancy Pants "What a Wonderful Day" strips patterned paper (cropped) and adhered this slightly to the left of a full sheet of black cardstock.  I took three polaroid die cuts from the Jillibean Soup Placemats - White Frames 12"x12" sheet and adhered some small rectangles of contrasting (yet beautifully coordinating!) patterned papers underneath, making sure to cover the "smile" words underneath the bottom frame.  

I cut out some circles from Echo Park's "Here & Now" - Feathers  paper (the underside - you can see I used the yellow feathers side on the far left polaroid frame) and popped some up on foam tape too for dimension and to give a bit more dynamic.



Next came some Black Ruler Washi Tape.  I simply did an easy matt for my photograph by tearing off and adhering the tape vertically, making sure the length and width of the tape "matt" will be visible from underneath the photo (so in other words, it's slightly larger!).

I adhered four pieces of Basic Grey's "Hipster" Wood Die Cuts to my layout - the speech word bubble, polaroid frame (in which I journaled inside) and two little banner flags, which have been strung together with string and stapled into place.

I love the cute fonts and stickers from Echo Park's Here & Now Alpha Stickers sheet, these sheets are more than generous and so perfect for countless creations!  Here I've mixed up the tiny letter stickers' colours and added contrasting patterned papers to the little spaces in the letters (such as "o" & "p") to funk it up even more… so much fun! 



Other bits and pieces I used are; Prima "Camera" - metal paper clip (clipped onto the bottom right of the photo), Webster's Pages "Modern Romance" - three polka dot bows (one as a "corner" on the top left of layout, and the other two above an exclusive Cherry Flair.. love it!), Newsprint Candi Dot embellishments and Silver Star sequins.

I had a ball creating this layout and absolutely everything on here is from the kit (with the exception of the adhesion devices like glue, foam tape & staples and the gel pens. :)


Thank you so much Chantal for sharing in so much detail your first layout and some of the techniques and processes you undertook. I think this share will really inspire friends of APOCD xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative