A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Saturday 13 July 2013

Guest Designer Share - Chantal Vandenberg



Here is yet ANOTHER AWESOME share from our Guest Chantal. Honestly, I am just blown away at her ability to really use up a kit! Including the negatives from the sticker sheet :) 

Here's what she shared with us:



For my large rectangular double photo matt I cut around the black alphas from the Echo Park Alpha Sticker sheet, then gently peeled the top negative layer of stickers, leaving the positive (alphas) on the backing sheet for later use still.  I adhered the negative sheet straight onto Webster's patterned paper for a nice funky contrast, which ties in well with the skateboard and theme. :)

I then adhered double sided tape around the outside edges of this funky matt and stuck lots of strips of patterned paper around to make a funky frame.  I tore off every strip to leave the white torn edge exposed (looks edgier that way… Lol).  

Once this was done I mounted the whole lot onto foam tape and adhered it to my Kraft cardstock background which has in turn been mounted onto a black cardstock background (oh yes, I love my layers!).

The two focal photos where additionally framed with patterned paper, and I used decorative scissors to make a nice funky edge.  Then the photos where adhered to the funky matte base.  The three other photos have been framed by using the already funky Jillibean Soup Polaroid white frames.  I love these frames to bits!!  All three were adhered to the right of the focal funky photo matt - the middle photo was popped up onto foam tape.



Extra details are; machine stitched strips onto Kraft cardstock to create movement - along with doodling, paint and string; I've used some packaging on the top left and bottom right of my layout (how appropriate was the "Life in motion" bit of packaging?!) from the Webster's Pages Polka Dot Bows packet; my title includes the MME Tiny Word Stickers, Basic Grey Hipster Die Cut word and EP's alpha stickers - adhered onto white cardstock, doodled around and cut out; I've used some more Candi Dots and of course a gorgeously sweet Cherry Flair which reads "Love this Photo". :)


 Oh and if you spy three butterflies - that's because two butterflies are from the fab Echo Park Alpha Sheet (along with sooo many other sticker goodies!) and the other one at the bottom was punched out of patterned paper (I just so happened to have an extremely similar butterfly punch in my collection of like, 5 punches… seriously!  :D  Love it when that happens!


This layout was a total joy to create… I am loving this kit so much!!!

Please stay tuned for my final layout and a card!

Cheers,
Chantal 
:D


1 comment:

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative