A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Guest Designer Share - Chantal Vandenberg



Here is the final layout share from this months guest designer Chantal. Thankfully, this will not be her last share this month as she will be sharing a card with us really soon too :)

Here is what she had to share today:

Here is my fourth layout, "A Country Escapade".  This kit is so versatile and I hope I have displayed this in the four layouts I have completed. :)


Simply omitting some of the brights like pinks and yellows, gives this kit a more "natural vibe"… perfect for outdoorsy shots like these.  Here I've documented a fun and adventurous getaway with lots of snaps and journalling along the way.




I've given the sewing machine a work-out again with this layout!  I really needed it to flatten my spiral flowers because they were out of control… the UHU glue stick just couldn't handle their springiness Lol!

So I've basically just created these flowers by freehand cutting out some circles and then cutting inwards around and around in a spiral pattern (like a snail shell).  Super easy and fast - all up it took about 2 minutes for them all.  Some skinny paper strips for their stems (using every last scrap here!) and I cut out three leaves too.  The flowers were glued down and gently moved around 'til they looked funky and then out came the beast (the Janome sewing machine) to make sure they don't move around!  ;)



I topped off these flowers with a couple of Cherry Flairs and a fussy-cut flower form AC Amy Tangerine "Yes Please" paper popped onto foam tape and finished off with a string bow. 



I decided to machine stitch other element too (while I had the machine out) like the white cardstock onto the kraft cardstock base, The Jillibean Soup polaroid white frames, the focal photo and the large panel of woodgrain patterned paper.

The Basic Grey Hipster wooden die cuts tied in so well with their natural finish.  The diamond couldn't have more perfect for this layout about "a journey at the rocks" and it looks great with coordinating patterned paper underneath, layered on top of that cute clipboard.

The MME Tiny Word stickers, along with Echo Parks alpha and elements stickers really add some more depth and interest to the overall layout.  I adhered a tiny silver star sequin onto the sticker "Today Was.." under the selection "Awesome"… as opposed to good, bad and okay.  Lol!  The thing is, these little details really add to the layout and may not be noticed upon first inspection and that's what I love about scrapbooking.  I love adding visual "layers" and journalling "layers".

This layout does have an example of my journalling layers too - I've shared the details of the day, the stories of the day, as well as adding some fun captions about each photo.

Well I hope you like this layout and my overview!  :D

I've got a card to share with you next.

Have a great one!

Cheers,
Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative