A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Workspace Wednesday - The Procrastination Layout Game with Aimee



I have this friend Emma, she is one of my favorite people in the world. She gets the scrap side of me like no one else I have ever met. I love scrapping with her because she always pushes me to get a ton done, but she will tell you I am not the easiest person to scrap with - Not only do I raid her stash at scrap camp, I have even been known to do it while she is at my house scrapping.  And then there is the matter of desk space. You see, Emma is a "work clean" scrapper. It's a quality that I really admire, but I on the other hand, rain holy hell down upon my work space until it looks like a scene from Apocalypse Now. Poor Emma lives in fear of her craft mat being annexed by a new regime, and as well she should.

So what is the point of this story? Well, I wanted to paint you a picture of desk at the end of any given scrap day, because it's relevant to my new found fun. I want to introduce you to a new game I have created. I am a big believer in clearing off your desk at the end of the day, but some days the piles are just so big, I'm not sure where to start. Over the weekend, I was staring at one such pile that contained the left-overs from Love Everyday, the scant remains of my November A Piece of Cake Designs Kit, some off-cuts of woodgrain paper my husband had used for something or other and I thought to myself... I bet I can make a layout out of this. And so the Procrastination Layout Game was born!




The rules are pretty simple - you can only use what is on you desk. I will make a small exception for a cardstock base and your tools, but everything else must come from the piles on your desk. My supplies looked something like this: the star paper, the black and white striped paper, the tag, the sequins and the "hello" are all from Heidi Swapp's September Skies collection. I know this because they are recent inhabitants of my studio by way of the cupcake APOCD kit. The woodgrain is Pebbles Inc, but you are on your own for the thickers, cork circle and heart wood veneer. The wood veneer I found under my lamp so it should probably be carbon-dated. If you are at all like me, I encourage you to give the game a go the next time you feel despair at the state of your desk. It certainly helped lighten my mood, it reduced the pile and it stretched my creativity. 

Well that just about wraps it up for me today. I wish you all very merry Christmas and if you don't happen to get what you want - The cupcake kit I used for this layout is still on sale and I'm telling you it is well worth the money and scrappy happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative