A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 26 May 2014

Designer Inspiration - Lisa Pate - Going on an Adventure!

Hello Everyone!

As you all know my family recently had an amazing New Zealand Adventure.  Pretty sure all of my recent layouts feature photo's from our trip.  I love how a fresh batch of photo's give a boost to my mojo.

So I am back to share another layout using our holiday snaps using the gorgeous April Kit.



Following on from Nat's blog post about brush script (which by the way is FABULOUS and you should check out).  I've been playing with brush script again.  It's so fun. 

I created my background with a phrase from the girls favourite movie and simply repeated it over and over.  I have found the less I think about how I am forming the letters the more I like it.  It's also cool to stick to your own writing style to give your script an original feel.

Watering down the gouache paint gives you a lovely grey wash which I really love.  Once dry and sketched around my lettering using a permanent pen. 





I hope you have all had a play with the gouache from your kits.  

Thanks for popping in.

Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative