A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 21 October 2013

GUEST DESIGNER - Sharmaine Kruijver - Pink Ukulele



Today I am here to share the first layout share from our Guest Sharmaine Kruijver. Sharmaine is busy working with our October Main Cake kit. 



Here is Sharmaine's layout titled Pink Ukulele.



Here is what Sharmaine had to say about her layout:

I love the piece of “Treasure”, from Crate Paper, found in the main kit. But the stripes were distracting from the photo. By adding the strip of white/pink star, “Sparkling Stars” from American Crafts, I was able to bring the attention back to the photo.
Sequins are a great little embellishment for clusters. Adding just one to a cluster, comprising of a piece of wood veneer and a resin flower, added just a little pop of colour, perfect for the clusters I created.
By cutting the bottom off the manila tag I was able to use the bottom and create a second tag, both of which I added to my page.

Some close ups:

Sharmaine has used the 'heart' exclusive Cherry flair only available in the kit, along with the resin flower, sequins, SC heart and the Amy Tan transparent stickers.


I love the thread detail surrounding the 'Everyday Cork' Cherry Flair.


Close up of the title work, Sharmaine has also added a strip of the Amy Tan ribbon under her stickers.


Another exclusive Cherry Flair to this kit! Yum!



I hope you have enjoyed Sharmaine's first share! :)

There is so much happening in the APOCD HQ! Stay tuned ....

Raquel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative