A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 28 July 2014

Designer Inspiration - Lisa Pate

Hello Everyone !!

Can I just say how glad I am to be back in this space?? anyone who has ever had to move house will understand how time consuming and tiring it is.  And lets not forget the nightmare of trying to make sure you have a working internet connection.  We are still working on that!!

So I have had the lovely June Kit for a few weeks now, I had created some backgrounds and was waiting for some time and the right photo's.... fast forward to this weekend while we were re-stacking boxes in the new garage only to discover that three boxes which had housed my oldest scrapbooks for 6 months were WET ... and MOLDY and not at all salvageable.  It was a pretty sad moment I tell you.

I pulled all those pages out, and popped them into a crate and one by one I am cutting the photo's that can be saved off the wet and ruined layout and starting again.  Yes it's a huge job, but it's kind of fun making new layouts from old ones.

So onto the layout!!! I've done my usual messy collage style, but for the background used the gorgeous Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray that was provided in the kit (plus another I already had in my stash).  These sprays are all kind of lovely to work with ... and the are PERMANENT !!  yep, that's right they do not run together and turn brown.  Plus they layer so well over dark coloured cardstock.

 So much fun.



 




I hope you never ever have to find your scrapbooks ruined like I did.  So please if you do have your scrapbooks stored out of sight, check them :)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative