A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Friday 7 November 2014

FRIDAY FAVOURITES: Shimelle line with Aimee Dow


Hi! Two posts in one day! How lucky are you?
How awesome was Flis's Mini Album this morning? If you haven't checked it out you certainly should, It's a real work of art. 


While Flis used her scraps to create something really magic, I on the other hand took a different approach. I took ALL my favorites from the the kit and used them all in one page. TADA!


One of the things I really like about the main kit this month is that is jam packed with really new and up to date product like the Shimelle papers and sticker book.


These balance nicely with great neutrals such as the kraft thickers, the beautiful yellow twine and the Pebbles papers. Actually just a quick note on that, the number strip you see as the border between the black and white? That's the tear strip. I didn't even have to cut it off. I just turned the paper around so it was at the top.


The only thing NOT in the kit was the black spray paint. I used to make my studio look a bit more like a crime scene.


No layout of mine would be complete with out a gold a accent. I used a couple of stickers to break up the cut apart blocks because the layout did feel very ridged without it and it helped to add a another layer to the layout.

 I really hope you have enjoyed my favorite layout from this kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative