A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 30 December 2013

GUEST DESIGNER - Introducing - Amanda Reddicliffe



I would love to introduce our latest Guest Designer the lovely Amanda Reddicliffe! Amanda has been working with our December Main Cake kit :) Over the next week or so I will be sharing her creations with you.


The kit Amanda is working with is still available in the APOCD store :) You can get it here 



Here is a little bit about Amanda in her own words:

I started keeping a journal from the moment I could write. I grew up in the 80's on a huge property and, in hindsight, had a sheltered upbringing. My parents travelled somewhere exotic every year (and I was fortunate enough to come along) so not only did I get to see the world, I got into the habit of collecting tickets, nick-nacks, business cards, brochures, postcards, bar coasters, maps - anything I could get my hands on - to keep as memories of the adventure.

I see now that my childhood was a special one - I lived outside from dawn to dusk in the warmer months (letting that imagination roam free), and spent rainy days as a child looking through shoe boxes of photographs and watching The Young Ones and other sarcastic British comedies. My parents have always had a love for photo's and they gave me my first camera when I was eight (that was 1988 for those of you playing at home) and I've been snapping away ever since. My big girl cameras these days are a Canon 5D Mk II, but I also love my iPhone while out and about.

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2003 via a Creative Memories party while heavily pregnant with my first child and I was sold on the idea of scrapbooking - even though at that time all I had been given was a 12x12 piece of white paper and a couple of triangles of colored cardstock. And a plastic stencil to make my title. How far we've come.

These days I'm truly blessed to be the mum of three beautiful, happy kids and work as a photographer and stylist with the coolest magazine on earth (in my humble opinion), Scrapbook Creations. I'm currently on the Design Diva's team for Scrapbook Creations and Anna's Craft Cupboard.

My life resolves around my kids (often referred to as 'my bears') and handsome hubster, belly laughing often, a good paperback, photography, listening to new and old music, vintage treasure hunting, good food, instagram, a glass of wine on the odd occasion, hitting the open road to unplanned destinations, taking more photo's, Spring, learning more, more, more (about anything), hardware stores, losing track of time, organising stuff, Pinning, thinking positive, listening to others, and sending and receiving happy mail.

In the craft world I love scrapbooking before card making (but they are both a lot of fun), buttons, sewing, adhesives, finding new products, clear stamps, scissors, more buttons, my Silhouette Cameo, bright and light colors... and meeting like minded people!


To see more of Amanda's work you can check out her blog here:


Looking forward to sharing Amanda's lovely pages with you all :)

Raquel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative