A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Sunday 22 April 2012

Inspiration from Tam


Well, happy April to you all!  The postie decided to hold on to my kit for a little while this month (I think he must be a closet scrapper) so I was a bit late to the party.  I've a chance to play now, though, and I have two layouts to share with you from April's bright and happy kit.

1. Crazy Kids


These pictures of my boys enjoying a summery treat on the deck were perfect for the vivid colours of this kit.  I used a simple colour-blocked design paired with a festive banner accent, and a cluster of some of the other gorgeous embellishments in the kit.  

To create the 'honeycomb' accents at the top and bottom, I laid the edge of the mask on the paper and masked off the rest of the layout with scrap paper.  I then misted lightly with a black spray ink.  If you look closely at the bottom one you might spot some overspray (oops) but I quite like how it looks.

2. The Littles


Since I had a tiny photo for this layout, I chose to do it in 8.5x11 format.  I cut some tickets from the Echo Park and MME papers to use around the layout, layering them with other elements for dimension.  I ended up with a bit of an arrow theme here, with handcut chevron accents, a handcut arrow and an arrow stamp on the background.  To finish off the layout, I added some handdrawn lines with a fine pen.  And don't forget the cherries!

This is such a fun kit to work with and I hope you get a chance to play before the month finishes.  Don't forget to share your creations with us on the Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative