A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Saturday 27 April 2013

I know, I know......!!!!

I know I say this every month but this kit is my favourite!!! I LOVED the colour combo! So bright and fun and so easy to work with. So easy in fact that I created 4 layouts in a day ( well less than a day really) so that's how user friendly this months kit is!!! I even have enough product left over to create at least 2 or 3 more layouts!

Ok so I would have to say nowadays that my style is not the "usual" run of the mill scrapping style of most, but I hope these still inspire you to create!
You all know that I love creating my own backgrounds and using lots of paint, mists, stamps and colour on my layouts so I warn you these layouts contain all of the above!!!

So here is the first of my layouts. Lots of mist and texture paste added to the awesome aqua dotted background!

I have used the two polaroid vellum frames, manilla tag and the gorgeous red spotty vellum and the awesome camera washi tape to create texture and depth behind my photo.
I have used also the "studio calico" stars which I chose to paint some aqua to match my layout!
And I am in LOVE with these "Jilliebean Soup" sticker words!! oh my gosh! I have to have more LOL!!
You can see I have used both styles of the alphas to create my "Happy Feet" title and some of the cool sticker elements and words on the sticker sheet by "jilliebean soup".





This is a closeup of the twine which I unthread a little and stapled to my layout and of the AWESOME new "cherry flairs" released as well as the kit this month. LOVE these!!!!! 
I have added some "Studio calico" wooden veneer chevron arrows and stars which came in past kits that I had left over.



 So my next layout  ( sorry not cropped very well :/ )is of my son on his 9th birthday last year. I am really trying to scrap my instagram photos at the moment and catch up on those "every day" moments as well as these special occasions! Do you like scrapping your camera photos too??
Well for Will's birthday we took some of his friends to play mini golf and then followed by a swim at the local pool!

Once again lot's of bright coloured paint, stamps and doodling! I really love creating interesting backgrounds and then adding all the yummy things from the kit to complete my pages!! This was a background page from the kit!
Once again i have used the vellum ( love it!), the "studio calico stars", studio calico snippets paper which is awesome to use as strips, and another "Jilliebean soup" word but this time the colour didn't suit.

 
So my tip to you is if you want to change the colour of your alphas or cardstock stickers get out your sharpies and colour them in!!! I must say though colour it in on the sheet, giving it a couple of coats first and then peel it off and use!

So I have added some chevron washi tape from my stash and a "studio calico" wooden veneer arrow also from my stash.

So there is some inspiration for you to create with your kits! i will share some more very soon!
Eb xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous creations Ebony! Inspired by the painted numbers

    ReplyDelete

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative