I'm back today with a 12x12" layout share, and I'm picking out a few elements of my page to explain further in how I went about creating it.
I am using the May Cupcake Kit and focused alot on the papers in this layout.
I chose a variety of papers from the range by Chickaniddy that was in the kit. Some I cut into circles of various sizes and others I cut into feathers to 'hang' from the doily.
I have used 2 photos and also a quote pic that I created using one of my fave apps on my iPhone - Rhonna Designs.
Here's how I did it...
1. Opened the app.
2. Selected the camera film icon which takes you to a menu with options to choose images from your camera roll, gallery albums etc OR choose a ready made background...which is what I did.
I chose the gold glitter background and clicked crop in the corner.
3. Select starburst icon in top left corner. A menu pops inwards and you select a design element you would like to add. I chose the triangle cut circle from 'Insta Rounds'. Enlarged it to size of square box, selected a colour (which I mixed by opting for 'more' colours) and pressed done.
4. Pressed the T button in top left hand corner and selected font.
5. Typed in the quote and then sized it to fill coloured circle. Chose a darker colour for the text so it stood out over the background colours. Pressed done.
6. Pressed the button in the top right corner and a menu pops inwards - choose SHARE and save to camera roll.
7. I printed it off 4x4" and cut the circle out which I have used here in the layout!
Continuing on with the page, I have also used two smaller circles, 'hello' punched from a cut-apart and the black and white stripe patterned paper, and attached them together with a split pin from the kit.
The 'hello' circle slides upwards to reveal the journalling underneath.
I have completed the layout by adding some extra touches from the kit contents - flair, sequins, stickers - and I also added a couple of extra APOCD flair from my stash.
And I called it DONE!
Thanks for dropping by!
Please do share your creations over at the APOCD Cafe on Facebook.
We all love seeing your work pop up and seeing discussions happening amongst fellow creatives.
Until next time...